Welcome to the Les Gets Skiing Section
Here you'll find all the information about the ski area, a full review of all the skiing, ski lessons, lift passes and ski hire. We also have piste maps of both the local area (Les Gets & Morzine piste map) and the full area (Portes du Soleil Piste Map)
Everything arranged for you..
We will take care of everything for you to make the most relaxing and enjoyable ski holiday experience. Why queue in the lift pass office when we can pick you your passes for you and deliver them to the chalet?
- pre-buy your lift passes and have them waiting in the chalet when you arrive
- arrange for your ski & boot hire to be fitted in the chalet
- arrange your ski lessons and show you to the ski school on your first morning
We plan this all ahead and there are no extra charges here, the prices you pay are the same as if you'd queued up the the pass office yourself.
Introducing our Ski Area
Les Gets and the Portes du Soleil ski area are a must-do for any serious skier. The sheer size and variety of the skiing is quite unbelievable, and makes it popular with those returning year after year. The variety also works very well for families and groups of mixed abilities, where all members of the party can easily find the right type of skiing just for them. This is one of the strongest points for the Portes du Soleil, if you have a group of mixed abilities and are wondering where to take them then the Portes du Soleil and Les Gets skiing could be worth considering.
You can get a lift pass to ski Les Gets & Morzine (the local area), recommended for beginners and lower-intermediates, or a lift pass for the full Portes du Soleil area, recommended for higher intermediates and above.
The Portes du Soleil is the name for 14 interconnect ski resorts spanning the French-Swiss border, Les Gets being one these resorts. It also includes Morzine, Avoriaz, Chatel, Morgins & Les Crosets just to name a few!
In the local Les Gets ski area you'll find beginner's areas (including a section of the mountain for children only!) mixed in with the intermediate's cruising ground - a wonderful mixture of blues and easy reds all winding their way through the rolling terrain.
There's enough for a day or two's serious leg working too, as further back in Les Gets' ski area you'll find Chamossière and Point de Nyon, two challenging mountains with reds and blacks to really get the heart pumping.
Ski France and Switzerland on one Lift pass
If you are a higher intermediate or above then you might want to consider skiing the full area, the Portes du Soleil. This truly does have everything for everyone. It's a collection of 14 individual resorts that all interconnect on the one lift pass, creating the largest ski area in Europe. There's a wonderful circuit of blues and reds where you can ski from village to village, mountain to mountain, exploring all the different resorts and even skiing from France into Switzerland and back all in the one day.
There's no shortage of high and challenging skiing, Avoriaz and Chatel - Le Linga being the places for those looking for big open bowls above the tree line. Also Avoriaz is one of the top places in Europe for free-style skiers and snowboarders, so if that's your scene then it is definitely one to check out.
If you'd like to find out more about the skiing then we've created a new section reviewing Les Gets' Ski Area.
Some of our Friends who love Les Gets Skiing
The Edge Snowsports
The Edge Snowsports has a highly experienced team of British Ski instructors offering private ski lessons for all skiers, whatever their age or ability. You could be an absolute beginner starting out on the slopes for the first time, or an experienced skier looking to fine tune those little technical details - no matter what your level of experience and no matter what your goals, if you're looking for ski lessons in Les Gets you can't go wrong with The Edge Snowsports. Each and every lesson will be customised to your specific needs, identifying targets for your time on the slopes and helping you to exceed them while learning at your own pace. Visit their website for further details.
Page Written by Phil Teare
What we love about Les Gets Skiing...
- Great for all levels - the local slopes are made up of greens, blues and gentle reds, perfect for families, beginners and intermediates. As you then explore further into this huge area the terrain gets higher, steeper and more varied, so there's plenty to challenge the advanced skier as well.
- Cruising village to village - the full area comprises of 14 interlinked villages in a never-ending circuit of mountains and valleys to explore.
- Ideal for Learning - the gentle local slopes & excellent ski schools make a Ski Holiday in Les Gets perfect for those wanting to learn & improve their skiing at all ages.
- Area of the mountain for children only - Le Grand Cry is a section of the mountain for children only, ideal for learning in peace away from the main slopes.
- The sheer scale of the full Portes Du Soleil - 650kms of pistes in two countries, you'd take months to explore this area properly.
Click to open these in new windows
Les Gets Piste Map
(Our local ski area)
Portes du Soleil Piste Map
(The full ski area)
About Skiing Les Gets
Local Area - Les Gets & Morzine
- Ideal area for Families, Beginners and Intermediates
- 120kms of Pistes, 48 Lifts
- Great for groups of mixed abilities, as advanced skiers can tackle the full portes du soleil.
Full Area - Portes du Soleil
- Largest Ski Area in Europe!
- 12 interconnected ski resorts
- Cross-border skiing; Ski in France and Switzerland
- 650kms of pistes, 197 lifts
- 10 snow parks
- Huge amount of terrain for all levels & styles