Les Gets Ski Lift Opening Dates 2016 - 2017
Start of the Ski Season
Weekend skiing from Saturday 26th November 2016
Please note though it'll only be the Chavannes area open, it's not a time to book a ski holiday. This is just a limited opening for those who live near Les Gets to get their ski legs back.
Official Full Opening - Sat 17th Dec 2016
The lifts open full time for the season on Saturday 17th December.
End of the Ski Season 2016
Last Ski Day of 2016 - Sunday 16th Apr 2017
Sunday 16th April will be the last day of ski lifts for the 2016-2017 ski season.
After that Avoriaz will still be open, so if you'd like to come on holiday for the week starting Sunday 16th April and you can ski in Avoriaz each day (10 - 15 mins drive away & part of the same ski area).
As always they say all the above is snow dependent and so could change.
What we love about Les Gets Skiing...
- Great for all levels - the local slopes are made up of greens, blues and gentle reds, perfect for families, beginners and intermediates. As you then explore further into this huge area the terrain gets higher, steeper and more varied, so there's plenty to challenge the advanced skier as well.
- Cruising village to village - the full area comprises of 14 interlinked villages in a never-ending circuit of mountains and valleys to explore.
- Ideal for Learning - the gentle local slopes & excellent ski schools make a Ski Holiday in Les Gets perfect for those wanting to learn & improve their skiing at all ages.
- Area of the mountain for children only - Le Grand Cry is a section of the mountain for children only, ideal for learning in peace away from the main slopes.
- The sheer scale of the full Portes Du Soleil - 650kms of pistes in two countries, you'd take months to explore this area properly.
Click to open these in new windows
Les Gets Piste Map
(Our local ski area)
Portes du Soleil Piste Map
(The full ski area)
About Skiing Les Gets
Local Area - Les Gets & Morzine
- Ideal area for Families, Beginners and Intermediates
- 120kms of Pistes, 48 Lifts
- Great for groups of mixed abilities, as advanced skiers can tackle the full portes du soleil.
Full Area - Portes du Soleil
- Largest Ski Area in Europe!
- 12 interconnected ski resorts
- Cross-border skiing; Ski in France and Switzerland
- 650kms of pistes, 197 lifts
- 10 snow parks
- Huge amount of terrain for all levels & styles