Chalet Host in Les Gets Join our 2021-22 Team
As the friendly face of our catered chalets, you will be central to how our guests enjoy their holiday and how they perceive our family business. Natural enthusiasm, a warm presence and a love of customer satisfaction are key. If you feel like this position would match your personality and your existing experience in customer-facing roles, we would love to hear from you!
The full Chalet Host job description is also available to download as a pdf.
Introduction to the Role
We will provide you with a full week of training, after which you will be responsible of looking after the guests in the chalets.
Each day, you will be responsible for the guest's meals (Breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner). Our central kitchen will prepare the more complicated parts (for example, main courses, desserts and cakes), and you will cook and reheat, add on the simpler parts, and serve.
Rota will be organised at the beginning of the season and if any changes, you will be notified at the weekly team meeting or by your manager at the earliest convenience (for example somebody is sick and you replace your colleague).
You will also be responsible for the maintenance and general cleanliness of the chalet. Please note, a lot of cleaning will be required.
There will be one or two busy days, per week, during guest change over days. Your working week, throughout the ski season, will vary but on average it will work out at 40 hours.
Certain weeks, during the ski season, will be busier than others:
- General training, as well as chalet setup, will take place over the first 2 weeks
- Christmas week and New Years' week will be very busy
- January will be quieter, and your ski time will increase
- February is the busiest month. The skills you have learned, in the previous months, will benefit you most during this time
- March and April will be quieter
- Chalet close down and cleanup will take place over the final week
You will provide an excellent level of customer service, in line with our standards
You will host in different chalets during the season in the same resort
You will co-ordinate with our manager, who will oversee your duties and responsibilities
You will need to be flexible
You will cover the days-off of other team members, in different properties or departments, during the season.
Over the course of the ski season you will undertake different tasks, within different departments, such as:
- Small maintenance tasks in our chalets
- Assisting our chefs in our main central kitchen
- Cleaning our other catered chalets
- Any other reasonable duties, which your manager deems necessary
What we expect from you
- You are hardworking and reliable
- You are quick and happy to learn
- You are flexible and organised
- You are enthusiastic and talkative
- You are driven to give guests a wonderful stay
- You are motivated to work in an eco-responsible environment
What you can expect from us
Please also download and read our Company Ethic Agreement before applying.
Role of the managers, Jana, Raph & Ashleigh
- Hiring the right people for the right jobs, team members that are able to understand the ethic of the company. To create the right working environment for everybody
- To provide training that will teach every staff member the skills needed and the level of work that is expected of them
- Supporting everybody equally in order to achieve their targets and enjoy a better work experience
- Taking what we do seriously, always driven to maintain our high standards
- Ensuring that our guests have a wonderful experience, resulting in 5-star reviews
- Ensuring that the working environment is a fair, respectful and motivating one for all the team members
- Creating memorable work and life experiences for all the team members
- Working in an eco-responsible environment
- Respecting personal and company belongings
Salary and Package
- Salary of 600.00€ net per month + end of season bonus of 75.00€ per month worked (This bonus will be paid at the end of a fully completed season).
- Performance bonus paid trough the season after meeting with directors based on your competences but also on the improvement of your work trough the season
- Contract through the French System which can include French social benefits (Health, Pension, Training funds…)
- Contract from 03/12/2020 until 16/04/2021 (dates to be confirmed depending on bookings and snow conditions)
- Rota will be provided every Friday for the following week with:
- 2 days off per week
- 1 as a full day
- 1 other given either as 2 evenings, another full day or postponed on certain week
- 2 days of holidays per month either given trough the season as extra day off or paid
- Each day off or holiday not taken at the end of season will be paid 50.00€ net on your last pay
- The rota is under the responsibility of your manager. He could try to accommodate your preferences regarding days off, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Other advantage included in the package
- Good staff accommodation in shared room (single) or private room (couple)
- Breakfast supplied every day
- Cooked dinner supplied every working day
- Transport to resort at the beginning of the season and transport back at the end of the season from Geneva airport or local train station
- Parking for one car (on request)
- Liftpass for Les Gets, Morzine and Avoriaz ski resorts
- Ski equipment if required (Skis or Snowboard)
- Being part of our review bonus system, throughout the season, to win prizes with the team
- You are entitled to work in France (Valid visa or EU Citizen)
- You are happy, friendly, smiley and talkative
- You have a desire to provide amazing customer service
- You have a minimum of basic food service and cleaning skills
- You do not see cleaning as chore, you take pride in it and are motivated to do it
- You can work as part of a team and independently when needed
- You are able to perform physically demanding tasks
How to Apply
Once you've picked your role then we'd love to hear from you. There'll be plenty of opportunity for questions along the way, but please don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything you'd like to ask before starting the recruitment processes. Once you've decided it's time to apply, our recruitment process is as follows.
We will be reviewing all applications from the 1st September 2021, we will then make a shortlist and get in touch with you! The following stages will follow quickly from there, with everything being wrapped up before the next review stage.
Step 1: Application Form
To begin, please complete the online application form here. If you are applying as a couple or a pair, please submit a separate application form for each applicant.
Step 2: Video Introduction
The next step is a few questions that we'll send over by email. If you could make a little video introducing yourself and answering these questions, then send that back to us.
Step 3: Skype Interview
If we think we might be the right chalet company for you, we will invite you to have a video chat with us, Jana and Raph.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to chat before deciding whether one of our positions is right for you.
Let's do it!
If joining us for the winter 2021-2022 season sounds like something you would enjoy, then we'd love to hear from you.
Please also download and read our Company Ethic Agreement before applying. Apply Now