Driver / Handyman Assistant Work in Les Gets Join our 2021-22 Team
Driver / Handyman Assistant
This is the dream job for anyone whose dedication to provide an excellent quality of service, is matched by their enthusiasm for the smooth running of a guest's ski holiday. Alongside a small and close-knit team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of our chalets. If you have the enthusiasm and passion to maintain the highest standards, as well as good organisational skills, we really want to hear from you.
The full Driver / Handyman Assistant job description is also available to download as a pdf.
Introduction to the Role
We will provide you with a full week of training, then your main duties will include:
- You will deliver our homemade food and supplies to our chalets, from our central kitchen & garage
- Be responsible for the maintenance and storage of our supplies
- Bread and pastry cooking and delivering in the mornings to our chalets
- Recycling management following our environment procedures
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of our chalets
- Hot tubs & swimming pool maintenance
- Cleaning assistant one day a week
- You will be on call from 7am till 8pm 2 days a week
Your working week, throughout the ski season, will vary but on average it will work out at 40 hours. Certain weeks, during the ski season, will be busier than others:
- General training, as well as chalet setup, will take place over the first 2 weeks
- Christmas week and New Years' week will be very busy
- January will be quieter, and your ski time will increase
- February is the busiest month. The skills you have learned, in the previous months, will benefit you most during this time
- March and April will be quieter
- Chalet packing and cleanup will take place over the final week
You will be in charge of the delivery of food and supplies to our own chalets
You will co-ordinate with our manager, who will oversee your duties and responsibilities
You will look after the cleanliness and tidiness of our vehicles. You will also be responsible for any non-accidental damage caused to the vehicle while you are in charge of it (e.g scratches or other damage caused by negligence, carelessness or inattention)
You will be in charge of charging the vehicle as we are using 100% electric vehicle
You will be expected to drive safely regardless of the weather conditions
You will be in charge of the day-to-day maintenance of our chalets
You will look after all our hot tubs & swimming pool, including checking water quality, temperature and general functionality
You will be in charge of maintaining stock levels and delivering supplies to chalets where neededs
You will have the flexibility to work in any of the departments of the company, should the need arise
What we expect from you
- You are hardworking and reliable (especially with regards to timing)
- You are a morning person who is able to be fully involved, regardless of the time of day
- You have a dedication to provide an excellent quality of service, which meets our standards
- Good food hygiene and health & safety standards (hygiene training is provided).
- Flexibility and good organisational skills
- Having an eco-mind to follow our environment procedures
What you can expect from us
Please also download and read our Company Ethic Agreement, as well as our Environmental Policy before applying.
Role of the managers, Jana, Raph & Ashleigh
- Hiring the right people for the right jobs, team members that are able to understand the ethic of the company. To create the right working environment for everybody
- To provide training that will teach every staff member the skills needed and the level of work that is expected of them
- Supporting everybody equally in order to achieve their targets and enjoy a better work experience
- Taking what we do seriously, always driven to maintain our high standards
- Ensuring that our guests have a wonderful experience, resulting in 5-star reviews
- Ensuring that the working environment is a fair, respectful and motivating one for all the team members
- Creating memorable work and life experiences for all the team members
- Working in an eco-responsible environment, and agreeing with our environmental policy
- Respecting personal and company belongings
Salary and Package
- Salary of 600.00€ net per month + end of season bonus of 75.00€ per month worked (This bonus will be paid at the end of a fully completed season).
- Performance bonus paid trough the season after meeting with directors based on your competences but also on the improvement of your work trough the season
- Contract through the French System which can include French social benefits (Health, Pension, Training funds…)
- Contract from beginning of December 2021 until mid-April 2022 (dates to be confirmed depending on bookings and snow conditions)
- Rota will be provided every Friday for the following week with:
- 2 days off per week
- 1 as a full day
- 1 other given either as 2 evenings, another full day or postponed on certain week
- 2 days of holidays per month either given trough the season as extra day off or paid
- Each day off or holiday not taken at the end of season will be paid 50.00€ net on your last pay
- The rota is under the responsibility of your manager. He could try to accommodate your preferences regarding days off, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Other advantage included in the package
- Good staff accommodation in shared room (single) or private room (couple)
- Breakfast supplied every day
- Cooked dinner supplied every working day
- Transport to resort at the beginning of the season and transport back at the end of the season from Geneva airport or local train station
- Parking for one car (on request)
- Liftpass for Les Gets, Morzine and Avoriaz ski resorts
- Ski equipment if required (Skis or Snowboard)
- Being part of our review bonus system, throughout the season, to win prizes with the team
- You are entitled to work in France (Valid visa or EU Citizen)
- You will be fully vaccinated by 1st of November 2021
- You are over 25 years old (for insurance purposes)
- You have a full and clean driving licence (valid in EU)
- You are an experienced driver
- You have a desire to provide amazing customer service
- You can work as part of a team and independently when needed
- You are able to perform physically demanding tasks
How to Apply
Once you've picked your role then we'd love to hear from you. There'll be plenty of opportunity for questions along the way, but please don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything you'd like to ask before starting the recruitment processes. Once you've decided it's time to apply, our recruitment process is as follows.
From the 1st September 2021, we will be reviewing all applications every 1st and 15th day of each month - we will then make a shortlist and get in touch with you! The following stages will follow quickly from there, with everything being wrapped up before the next review stage.
Step 1: Application Form
To begin, please complete the online application form here. If you are applying as a couple or a pair, please submit a separate application form for each applicant.
Step 2: Video Introduction
The next step is a few questions that we'll send over by email. If you could make a little video introducing yourself and answering these questions, then send that back to us.
Step 3: Skype Interview
If we think we might be the right chalet company for you, we will invite you to have a video chat with us, Jana and Raph.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to chat before deciding whether one of our positions is right for you.